Fort Worth Drug Possession Attorneys
Defending Drug Charges in Tarrant County
Law enforcement officials are notoriously tough when investigating potential drug offenses, and prosecutors rarely go easy on alleged offenders. In Texas, a person can be found guilty of drug possession if they are found to be violating the Texas Controlled Substances Act by knowingly possessing a drug for which they do not have a valid prescription.
If you are facing charges for a drug crime, you can turn to the Fort Worth drug possession attorneys at Blake & Blake, LLP. Our team has extensive experience defending against drug crime allegations and can mount a strategic and effective defense on your behalf.
Get started on your case today by calling us at (817) 497-8889.
Penalties for Drug Possession Conviction
Texas law organizes illegal drugs into four classes. Each class carries its own set of penalties. Marijuana is its own class.
The penalties you face will depend on various factors, including:
- The type of drug you are found possessing
- The amount of the drug you have in your possession
- How you stored or concealed the drug
- Whether you possessed additional drug paraphernalia
- Whether you have any past convictions
Even a misdemeanor marijuana possession conviction can have life-changing consequences, so it is best to retain a trusted criminal defense attorney if you are facing allegations or formal charges.
Potential penalties include:
- Jail time
- A permanent criminal record that can make it difficult to get a job, obtain a loan, or rent a home
If you’re feeling hopeless as you go up against the criminal justice system, rest assured that Blake & Blake, LLP knows the effective strategies and tactics that yield results at the negotiating table and in the courtroom.
We can argue that:
- You lacked knowledge that you were in possession of the drug
- The drug you possessed was not intended for human consumption
- You are legally allowed to possess the drug
- You did not possess the amount of the drug that the prosecution alleges
Our Fort Worth drug possession attorneys have what it takes to help you achieve the outcome you are seeking. We look forward to discussing your case during a free initial consultation.
Personalized Legal Representation
When You Call, You Talk to an Attorney
Experienced Legal Team at a Reasonable Price